Saturday 31 March 2012

Make or break time...

The good news is that over the last few days I've been able to get a couple of runs in, both with Benny. Of course, there was a distinct lack of speed involved, but it was fun to be back out there, especially with my four-pawed companion.

So, in half an hour we are heading back to the Lakes (and yes, I have packed my trainers this time) and tomorrow, Benny and I will be attempting the first 30 miles of the 50 course.

I have absolutely no idea how we are going to fare. Benny has become far too interested in livestock recently, and if I cannot keep him on task, then I'm afraid our ultra running partnership will be over before it's really begun. And that is before we add in the previous unknowns of coping with terrain, distance...

Wonderful husband will be driving to each checkpoint tomorrow, so if I need to hand over Benny (or even drop out myself) then we can do so without inconveniencing the organisers. So all that is left to do is check over the kit (again) and keep everything crossed for a successful day tomorrow... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment