Friday 23 December 2011

Benny the Superstar- shortlisted for an RSPCA award!

A letter dropped through the door yesterday from the RSPCA informing us that Benny had been shortlisted for the Rescue Animal of the Year 2011 award. Now, I may have already mentioned once or twice (*ahem*) of just how proud we are of the Little Bear, but the recognition from elsewhere really touched us. 
The competition opened this morning for voting, and one of our friends was already posting the link on her Facebook page before we were even aware the voting site had gone live! 
I recognise that I have a tiny competitive streak running through me (*ahem ahem*) so we have spread the word on the old tinterweb about the award, with a small 'Vote Benny' campaign; but there are so many deserving animals that have been nominated, I can live with not winning, if that is the final outcome, as they are all lovely creatures that have well-earned their second chances. 
Truth is, (cheesy-schmultz alert!) we've won already - we have the Bear living with us and enriching our lives. And I couldn't ask for anything more this Christmas :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment